The McIntire School of Commerce relies upon and cherishes its community of trust. We endorse and uphold the University’s Honor principle that students will not lie, cheat, or steal, nor shall they tolerate those who do. We recognize that even one honor infraction can destroy an exemplary reputation that took years to build. Acting in a manner consistent with the principles of honor benefits every member of the community while enrolled in the McIntire School and in the future.
We trust every McIntire student to comply fully with all provisions of the UVa Honor System. By enrolling in this course, you agree to abide by and uphold the Honor System of the University of Virginia, as well as the following policies.
- All graded assignments is pledged.
- You may not access any notes, study outlines, problem sets, old exams, answer keys, or collaborate with other students without our explicit permission.
- When given permission to collaborate with others, do not copy answers from another student.
- Always cite any resources or individuals you consult to complete an assignment. If in doubt, cite the source.
- All suspected violations will be forwarded to the Honor Committee, and, at our discretion, you may receive an immediate zero on that assignment regardless of any action taken by the Honor Committee.
- If you have a question about what is or is not permitted on an assignment, you should clarify your question with the professor prior to doing the work.
If you believe you may have committed an Honor Offense, you may wish to file a Conscientious Retraction (“CR”) by calling the Honor Offices at (434) 924-7602. For your retraction to be considered valid, it must, among other things, be filed with the Honor Committee before you are aware that the Act in question has come under suspicion by anyone. More information can be found at www.virginia.edu/honor. If you have questions about any of this, please contact Professor Grazioli. If you would like to report your suspicion of an Honor offense, please contact your McIntire Honor Representatives.