I have gathered here a variety of links covering the country, the city of Mendoza and the winemaking industry. Please let me know (firstname.lastname@example.org) if any of the links are obsolete or broken. Some of the links require
connecting to the library resources with the UVa Proxy Service (i.e. use the NetBadge userid and password), others are linked with Box, others yet require being on Grounds or connected via VPN.
Here you will find a comprehensive 2017 report on the Republic of Argentina - Argentina in 44 slides.
This is a list of optional fun activities (e.g., ziplining) suggested by David and Jose', from Study Abroad Mendoza. These activities are not organized by UVA.
- A century of decline. One hundred years ago Argentina was the future. What went wrong? This article by The Economist is rather harsh
on the country and hypothesizes three fundamental causes to its decline
- GlobalEdge: cool interactive website from the International Business Center at Michigan State University
- Country fact book by the CIA
- Investment climate statement by the US Department of State
- Doing business in Argentina is an investor guide by the Argentine Ministry of Foreign Affairs Read chapters 1 and 2, skim the rest
Mendoza: the capital of the Mendoza Province.
- Lionel Messi is an incredibly popular soccer player. He is considered the best active soccer player in the world
- Diego Armando Maradona is a retired player whose popularity obscures even Messi’s
- Euromonitor Passport, (requires VPN) is an awesome resource which includes market data on many countries and industry sectors, including Argentina
and Winemaking. Explore the reports and the dashboards.