Thu. Jan. 18th [Deck]
- Intro to the DI class and its activities - Team Formation
- If you have not filled the team formation
form in class, do it now and email to email@example.com
Tue. Jan. 23rd - Tools to understand DI
- Watch: How to design,
test and build business models canvasses (BMCs). Osterwalder
In class, you might be asked to 1) explain what the components of a BMC are; 2) apply them to a
specific business case.
- Read: Moore, G. A. (2004). Darwin and the Demon: Innovating Within Established Enterprises. HBR
Jul-Aug. In the class DigiLibrary
(a box folder).
Find here ways to access the readings if you cannot get to the
Digilibrary. Email firstname.lastname@example.org if that does not work either.
In class you may be asked to: 1) explain the phases of innovation, (e.g., the chasm); 2) give your
own examples of each phase; 3) explain what the demon is, and 4) how do you fight it.
Thu. Jan. 25th - The Internet of things
- Watch: The connected home
1) What IoT technology was your favorite? Do you think it will catch up in the mass market? Why?
2) What some of the challenges for these products to success? Hint: the McKinsey report might help
you answering these.
- Watch: The
Keep into account that this is a commercial video. 1) What is Predix? Explain in simple, clear
terms. 2) Why is that a big deal?
- Read: McKinsey (2015). IoT Mapping the value beyond the hype. It is in the class DigiLibrary
Read the Executive summary and two of the nine IoT settings. Pick two settings that interest you.
Skim the rest. 1) Describe a use case of IoT in these settings; 2) identify current challenges.
- Think about a couple of good questions for Ms. Rachel Trombetta, our guest form GE, and an
expert in IoT. Look her up in Linkedin. Google GE and IoT. Relate to the readings.
Tue. Jan. 30th
Thu. Feb. 1st
Tue. Feb. 6th
Thu. Feb. 8th
Tue. Feb. 13th
Thu. Feb. 15th
Tue. Feb 20th
Thu. Feb. 22nd
Tue. Feb. 27th
Thu. Mar. 1st
Tue. Mar. 13th
Thu. Mar 15th
Tue. Mar 20th
Thu. Mar. 22nd
Tue. Mar. 27th
Thu. Mar. 29th
Tue. Apr. 3rd
Thu. Apr. 5th
Tue. Apr. 10th
Thu. Apr. 12th
Tue. Apr. 17th
Thu. Apr. 19th
Tue. Apr. 24th
Thu. Apr. 26th
Tue. May 1st